Honey Roasted Chickpeas
by Holly West
Is it just me, or are roasted chickpeas a thing right now? If not, they should be. Anyway, inspired by what may or may not be a current thing, I came up with a honey roasted version of what’s become my favorite snack food of late.
2 15.5 oz cans chickpeas
1/2 cup runny honey
1 tsp salt + salt to taste
1 tbs olive oil
1) Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees.
2) Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
3) Drain and rinse chickpeas.
4) Place in large bowl and toss with olive oil, 1tsp of salt, and 1/4 cup honey. Taste for sweetness and add more honey if needed. I used 1/2 cup total.
5) Spread the chick peas on the parchment paper in one layer.
6) Roast for 15 minutes then toss with a spatula or spoon to make sure the chickpeas are evenly coated. Roast for an additional 15 minutes or until the chick peas are golden brown.
7) Let cool. Taste for salt and add a bit more, if needed. Store left overs in an air tight container.
5 Jul 2014 / Holly / 0