Holly’s Arrabbiata Sauce
by Holly West
There are about a million different recipes for arrabbiata sauce online. My own recipe is ridiculously simple and I nearly always have the ingredients on hand, which makes it a good go-to option for a quick Italian dinner.
1 tbs olive oil
2 cloves garlic
1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes (or to taste)
2 14.5 oz cans crushed tomatoes
1/4 cup fresh parsley, roughly chopped
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
1) Heat the olive oil in a large sauce pan on medium-high heat.
2) Add garlic and saute for a minute or two.
3) Add red pepper flakes and saute for another minute.
4) Add tomatoes, salt, and pepper and bring to a boil.
5) Reduce heat to low and simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes (or until sauce is at desired consistency).
6) Taste for seasoning and add more if necessary.
Toss with pasta of your choice (penne is a good one) and add the parsley.
See? I told you it was easy. I add parmesan cheese at the table.
6 Jul 2014 / Holly / 0